Two clones are flowering in the Highland Aspen Group polytunnel. Great news for all the volunteers who have worked so hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
“By the year 2020, you will never be more than one mile from an Aspen stand along any of Scotland’s lochs, rivers and major tributaries.” This project aims to restore Aspen to its rightful place as a significant and valued component of Scotland’s native woods, using our river corridors to connect the Highlands to the lowlands with stands of this iconic species.
Hello from the Forestry School at the University of Washington, Seattle, USA! It is wonderful to see your progress propagating aspen - a tree I've always loved and found emblematic of the high American West (though we only have the one species, Populus tremuloides). As a Master's student studying ecological restoration, I find it thrilling to see what good works are being done around the world. Keep it up - I hope to see your work some autumn in the not-to-distant future!
ReplyDelete